The Basics of Wedding Favors
Wedding favors are a simple and fun way to say thank you to your guests. Although picking out favors is a relatively small part of the wedding planning process, you’d be surprised how much favors mean to your guests.
Wedding favors are not meant to be over the top gestures. They should cost somewhere between $1-$5 per person. What’s most important is that your wedding favors are something that will make your guests smile. They should be the cherry on top of what I’m sure will be your adorable/fun/chic/beautiful wedding day. Here are 21 favors your guests are sure to love!
Candy is a very popular go-to wedding favor. Who doesn’t love a piece of chocolate after a night filled with drinking and dancing? The nice part about this option is there are lots of ways to customize your decision. I once went to a wedding where the bride and groom put their faces on light blue M&Ms. It was funny and creative! Here’s some more sweet options below.
- This adorable map box for mints or small candies
- Hershey kisses with your wedding date on them
- Rock candy in your wedding color
- Chocolate inside a delicate, gold-trimmed bag
- A candy buffet where your guests can make a bag of their favorites!
Late Night Snacks
Food is a great wedding favor from young couples who plan on partying late into the night with their guests. My friend once went to a wedding where the couple had soft tacos from Taco Bell delivered. She said everyone loved it! Here are some other ideas.
- Hire your favorite food truck to treat your guests during your reception
- Donuts! Enough said.
- Hot chocolate or cake mix in mason jars
- Fast food favorites: burgers, tacos, etc.
Beer and Wine Accessories
For our wedding we decided to do half bottle openers and half wine stoppers. As people were leaving the reception they could pick which one they wanted to take. We figured everyone wasn’t beer drinkers and vice versa. I really loved the favors we ended up getting. We got these airplane bottle openers and compass wine stoppers. They fit nicely with our dusty blue theme as well as our love for travel. My favorite part was the little notes that said “Let the adventure begin!”
Here’s some other cute ideas:
- I can’t get enough of this pineapple wine stopper!
- A silly wedding koozie to make your guests smile
- A variety of key bottle openers are perfect for a rustic feel
- This set of heart-shaped cork coasters
- A personalized beer glass, cheers to that!
Garden Inspired Favors
Garden inspired favors are always a cute idea for weddings, especially those in the spring or summer. The options are really endless here. The great thing about these favors is that they can also serve as decorations during the reception. At my friend’s wedding she had little succulents individually planted that surrounded each table’s centerpiece. At the end of the night you could pick your favorite to take home! Here’s a few others to try.
- I love these gorgeous seed packets!
- Tiny herb trees
- Succulents in tin flower pots
- Little watering cans with plant kits
- Candles in a tin jar with a lovely floral accent
I hope this helps you find the perfect wedding favor. As long as you keep your guests in mind, you can’t go wrong! Do you have any other creative ideas? I’d love to hear them!